Parent Advisory Council
Parents are an essential part of our school -
If you would like to contribute to the Mayfield School Community, please consider joining us at the next Parent Council meeting for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a great opportunity to have support and to provide input into the education of our students.
We have a very active School Council that meets once a month. The purpose of the School Council is maily to share ideas and thoughts with school administration on matters of school organization and policy. An arm of the School Council is the Mayfield Parent Society that supports the school through fundraising events. Historically, the Parent Society has organized and worked casinos every two years. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly meetings.
The functions of the School Council include:
- To provide a liaison between the school and community.
- To provide a support network between the school and community.
- To facilitate and assist with the implementation of school policies.
- To provide input into the school's planning and budgeting process.
- To assist with the planning and organization of school related events and activities.
- Advice and support to school staff.
Information on the month's meeting will be shared on Schoolzone.