Parent Advisory Council
Parents are a welcome and essential part of our school -
If you would like to contribute to the Mayfield School Community, please consider joining us at the next Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a great opportunity to have support and to provide input into the education of our students.
We have a very active Parent Advisory Council (PAC) that meets once a month. The purpose of the PAC is mainly to share ideas and thoughts with school administration on matters of school organization and policy. An arm of the Parent Council is the Mayfield Parent Society and supports the school through fundraising events. Historically, the PAC has organized and worked casinos every two years. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly meetings.
The functions of the PAC include:
- To provide a liaison between the school and community.
- To provide a support network between for the school and community.
- To facilitate and assist with the implementation of school policies.
- To provide input into the school's planning and budgeting process.
- To assist with the planning and organization of school related events and activities.
- Advice and support to school staff.
For the 2017-2018 school year, the Mayfield PAC has committed to supporting our students with fieldtrips, arts enrichment events/presentations, music enrichment and ongoing upgrades to technology resources. The PAC has sponsored our "Welcome Back " BBQ. Mayfield School is very grateful for the financial support of our PAC.
The Parent Council typically meets the first Monday of each month at 6:15pm in the school.